Description from the Publisher
PHex is an easy to use tool which demonstrates the thermal calculations of Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers, The plate dimensions and materials can be entered, this includes the size of plate heat exchanger and chevron angle.
List of main features:
1. Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement
2. Unit converter containing 23 measurements with 200-unit conversion.
3. Full version includes manufacturers plate database containing over 230 plates.
4. Import physical properties data to hot side & cold side from Microsoft Excel & from WeBBusterZ Physical properties database (included with full version)
5. Export Results to Engineering Data sheet, pdf or excel format
6. Temperature and Flow rate estimation in the event of insufficient data. including the ability to estimate any 2 Unknown temperatures providing that the Heat load and flow rates are specified as input.
7. Select from a list of 12 Nusselt number correlations
8. Heat load required (clean or fouled) calculations.
9. Ability to specify a required heat load
10. Total effective area & surface area calculation.
11. No. of plates calculations.
12. Overall Coefficient (clean / dirty) calculations.
13. Pressure drop Channel/Port/Total for Hot side and cold side Calculations.
14. Plate heat exchanger dimension calculations.
15. Velocity through ports, Mass velocity through channel/ports calculations.
16. Heat transfer coefficient calculations
17. Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database comes as separate software but easily integrated with the software. (included with full version purchase)
18. Create your own database of Plates and Components. You can add your fluid physical properties and load the data to your project.
19. Add your own Nusselt number correlations
20. Fouling factors (included with full version)
21. Overall heat transfer coefficients
22. Material Thermal Conductivities
read more at webbusterz...
Other downloads from this publisher
Linear Interpolation Calculator is a free solution that gives you the possibility to interpolate between values to arrive to the correct intermediate result to find the unknown value.
This user friendly software is made to demonstrate the thermal design calculations and analysis of Kettle type reboilers.The software can be used to make preliminary sizing calculations that will help to give a clear outlook of the initial design.
Easy to use software demonstrates the procedures to estimate the net present value of industrial process plants. the calculation involves, fixed capital investment, operating labour,utility costs,raw materials & profits and production costs..etc
Calculate the log mean temperature difference, temperature deriving force for counter current and co current flow
Size a gas/liquid orifice plate using ISO5167 (2003) and Crane's Flow of Fluids through Valves, Fittings and Pipes, calculate the mass flow rate require for a certain orifice size and plot a profile chart of various mass flow rates vs orifice size.