Description from the Publisher
Excel Reader .NET is a professional component that enables .NET developers to read Excel Spreadsheet files ( XLS , CSV ) from their .NET applications or website projects (C#, VB.NET). The Excel spreadsheet is represented as a tree structure. Root of the tree is a Workbook object that has different Worksheets and so on.
Excel Reader .NET Key Features:
- Various cell data types (numbers, strings, dates, floating point etc.)
- Multiple worksheets.
- Number formatting (number, currency, date, time, fraction etc.)
- Font formatting (size, color, font type, italic and strikeout properties, boldness, underlining, subscript and superscript).
- Cell alignment (vertical, horizontal).
- Cell Background and Fill Pattern.
- Cell borders (color, style).
- Merged cells.
- Import/Export to DataTable.
- Read CSV files (delimited with comma, tab, semicolon or any other separator).
Excel Reader .NET API Functions:
The set of API functions allows developers to read Excel data up to Excel Cell value and its styles, fonts, colors, borders etc. Also Excel Reader .NET has functions to get access to range of cells or whole Worksheet. The component can export data from Excel to DataTable using corresponding function and much more - all this without the need to use Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Office Automation.
Standalone .NET Component
Excel Reader .NET component requires only .NET Framework and is many times faster than Excel automation objects. The code of Excel Reader .NET component is fully managed and works under .NET Framework started from 1.1 version. Developers can create C# / VB.NET applications or deploy website on servers with medium-trust level without needing to rely on Microsoft Excel. Look at the following table.