Description from the Publisher
With the Tag Directory Web Part for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 you can render managed metadata taxonomies, right from the term store, as flat A-Z index or glossary of tags as well-known from technical books. The tags are linked to the SharePoint 2010 Tag Profiles or, alternatively, directly to the tagged content. The SharePoint Web part offers an additional content navigation to browse the corporate knowledge alphabetically - independent of the content store's hierarchical structure.
Features and benefits:
* More efficient information access on SharePoint portals: The Tag Directory offers an additional navigation that makes it very easy and fast to find information for users, that don't know, where the information is originally located. A great step forward for employee portals, extranets and corporate Internet sites.
* Company-wide glossary helps to build a common language: The web part also could be used as some kind of glossary, helpful for employees to find a common language and understanding in the enterprise.
* Well-known navigation - no training required: Alphabetically sorted directories are very common and well-known, e.g. in technical books. Users can work with this technique intuitively.
* No additional effort - Index is built automatically: The index is rendered automatically as a result of content tagging using managed metadata and enterprise keywords. Starting nodes could be given from existing taxonomies. Tagging could be completely automatically with the Auto Tagger component.
* Flexible design and linking: The web part comes with template-based output (XSLT). Additional information can be flexible displayed. The tag can be linked to the tag profile as well as to the tagged content items and documents itself.
* 100% SharePoint 2010 Technology: The solution is completely based on the new Enterprise Metadata Management API of SharePoint 2010.
Available as part of the Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint 2010.
Other downloads from this publisher
The Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint encourage knowledge workers to take advantage of the new SharePoint KM and social features by making it as easy as possible to manage metadata, classify content and use classification for navigation.
Connects any native SharePoint list (no Web Part) to external data using list settings codeless: 1. Enter connection string 2. Enter SQL query 3. Enter primary keys. Alerts and workflows, if external data records are changed, write-back.
The Layer2 Cloud Connector for SharePoint and Office 365 takes your corporate data to your cloud-based or any other hosted SharePoint - easy to connect, secure and always up-to-date.
The SharePoint 2010 Tag Navigation Web Part displays taxonomies of managed metadata or enterprise keywords as additional tree-style navigation linked to the tag profiles or to the tagged content - independent of the content's storage location.
Auto-tagging of SharePoint managed metadata and enterprise keyword columns with content-based categories or keywords depending on term store taxonomies, tag rules, item and document properties, information store context and textual document contents.