Description from the Publisher
Emergency Boot CD is a powerful toolset to fix unbootable computers and recover data from them. It is a self-contained bootable OS on live CD with the following features:
1. Mount & Boot Center:
* EBCD Mount & Boot Center is a tool to fix the following boot errors related to boot records and active partition flags:
- 'Missing operating system'
- 'Error loading operating system'
- 'BOOTMGR is missing'
- 'NTLDR is missing'
* EBCD Mount & Boot Center can fix various BCD and kernel boot problems:
- 'the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible' (status 0xC000000E)
- 'an error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data' (status 0xC000000F)
- 'C:WindowsSystem32NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt'
- 'C:WindowsSystem32hal.dll missing or corrupt'
* EBCD Mount & Boot Center can fix the following problems:
- Windows 7 hangs at glowing logo
- Windows Vista hangs on 'Preparing Your Desktop'
- Windows XP hangs before logon screen
* EBCD Mount & Boot Center can change disk signature or GcUID (in sync with MountedDevices key in SYSTEM hive and device descriptors in BCD hive) and fix disk signature collision errors.
* Mount & Boot Center can reassign and fix missing drive letters (mount points), including disk C:, in registry.
* Also EBCD Mount & Boot Center can restore Windows 7 loader after Windows XP installed after Windows 7.
2. Windows Password Wizard, which can be used to restore access to your PC when you forgot the password for Windows user account.
3. Registry Editor, which can edit Registry offline of Windows, so you can make changes to Registry even if Windows is broken and unbootable.
4. File Manager, which is capable of saving files from local HDD to USB thumbdrive/HDD, and restoring them back if necessary. Unicode is fully supported. Removable disks e.g. USB and Firewire are mounted and dismounted automatically, like floppy disks in Windows.