Description from the Publisher
Socket Workbench is the definitive tool for analysing socket communications that underlie the Internet and several types of inter-process communication. Configure Socket Workbench to be a socket client (like a web browser or e-mail client) or a socket server with ease. You can send data through a socket and analyse that data that has been received. Also, Socket Workbench has the unique 'Pass Through Mode' which allows the interception of socket communications between a client and its server without packet sniffing. Features include:
- Allows the analysis of the E-mail, HTTP, Time Of Day, FTP and any other socket based communication protocol including real-time and client-server applications.
- Configure Socket Workbench to be a socket client or a socket server.
- Allows any number of clients to connect while in Server mode.
- Intercept and analyse socket communications using the Pass-Through mode.
- Includes a library of the well-known socket port numbers and servers.
- Author and send e-mails using the e-mail protocol template.
- Contains a library of HTTP requests from the popular Web Browsers and the HTTP Responses from Web Servers.
- Ideal for testing and monitoring real-time applications or two/three/n-tier client-server applications.
- All socket state transitions and Socket Workbench events can be logged.
- Data can be analysed using a raw, binary, octal, decimal or hexadecimal format.
- Incoming and outgoing data can be logged with an optional time stamp.
- Contains 7 pre-defined configurations to get under way as soon as possible.
- Incoming data can be filtered.
- Schedule data to be sent at regular intervals.
- Data can be split in to messages and messages can be split into fields.
- Allows the stress testing of socket client and servers.
- Data sent through the socket can be 'linked' to a file. When the contents of the file changes, the data is automatically re-read and transmitted.