The .Net Runtime Library for Delphi is designed to provide a way to interact with applications written in anyone of the .Net languages: C#, Visual Basic.Net, Delphi.Net, JScript.Net and others. Programmers can produce software by combining pascal source codes with .Net framework and other .Net libraries.
The .Net Runtime Library for Delphi can be used to:
- Hosts the .Net Common Language Runtime (CLR) in Delphi.
- Loads assemblies from .Net dll or executable file without registering the Library as COM in Delphi.
- Loads .Net assemblies from Global Assembly Cache (GAC) without prior registration of the assembly types as COM.
- Accesses .Net assembly types and members of the types which includes fields, properties, methods events etc.
- Creates an instance of a .Net object from the types of the loaded assemblies.
- Calls static and non-static members of the .Net types from the loaded assemblies. The members include fields, properties, methods and events.
- Handles and raises .Net exceptions and also get information about the type of the exception.
- Accesses, handles and invokes .net events and delegates from Delphi.
- Contains all the assemblies and types in the .Net Framework Class Libraries.
- Hosts .Net controls in Delphi Forms.
- Contains a utility which imports .net dll, executable or Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) and generates Delphi classes from the loaded assemblies.
- and many more.
There are 2 main libraries that constitutes the .Net Runtime Library for Delphi, these are:
1. Host Class Library
This is also called Delphi Host Class Library or DHCL. This Library contains Delphi classes and interfaces for starting and hosting the .Net Common Language Runtime (CLR) which allows Delphi applications to load and access .net assemblies, create object instance of the types from the loaded assembly, invoke the members of the types etc. The CLR manages memory, thread execution, code execution and other system services.
2. Framework Class Library
The Delphi Framework Class Library (DFCL) is a Delphi interface representation of the .NET Framework class library which is a collection of reusable types that tightly integrate with the Delphi Host Class Library.
.Net Assembly/WSDL Importer
A tool which is part of the .Net Runtime Library for Delphi is used to import .net assemblies, WSDL or Web Service XML schema and generates Delphi classes from the types of the imported assemblies.
Other downloads from this publisher
This tool is used for importing .Net DLL/WSDL into Delphi.